Wednesday, February 13, 2013

It's All in the Eyes

As Tyra Banks so elegantly puts it, it's important to "smile with your eyes" or "smize." Eye makeup can make a huge different in any look and any mood. I rely heavily on my eye makeup more than any other of my face products. The right combination of eye shadow can complete any outfit. Below are my favorite eye products that I use on a daily basis.



It's All in the Eyes

Eye Primers:

Urban Decay Primer Potion:
Always, always, always prime your eyes before you put on eyeshadow. When you use a primer you are coating your eyes to make your shadow stay longer and look brighter! I swear by Urban Decay's Primer Potion because it allows my shadow to stay on all day, without smudging or dimming.

Lorac Eye Primer:
Another one of my favorite primer's is by Lorac. This primer is perfect since it's smaller in size for travel and on-the-go. Both Lorac and Urban Decay primer's cost about $20, and can be found at stores like Sephora or Ulta.

Eye Liners:

MAC Eye Pencils
I always go to MAC for my eyeshadows and eyeliners. MAC understands how to create rich, long lasting, dramatic eye products. My daily eyeliner is a black crayon from Mac that lasts me throughout the day and night. If you feel adventurous, MAC also makes the liner in colors like purple, blue or lavender.

Revlon Liquid Liner
This classic drugstore liner is inexpensive and does the trick! I love Revlon's liquid eyeliner because it goes on easy and lasts through rain and shine. Mine is waterproof and it stays on whether it's raining, i'm crying or I'm in the shower. I always buy it when it's buy one get one half off to keep in my purse for a quick fix between class!

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner
I've just recently starting experimenting with gel liner and I love it already! For gel liner, you buy a little jar and apply it with a small, angled brush. It takes practice, but once you get the hang of it you'll be hooked! Gel liner is perfect for creating cat eyes and winged lids.

Eye Shadows

Lorac's Pro Line for Fall 2012
The Fall 2012 collection for Lorac is the perfect palette for me. Consisting of both matte and sparkly shadows, this palette brings together all of my favorite colors. Lorac's colors are never too dramatic or bold, and are perfect for everyday wear. Daily I apply the light pink to my upper lids, mauve to my middle, and a sparkly champagne close to my upper and lower lash line. This palette is perfect if you like subtle and classy colors.

Mascara

Maybelline
I adore each and every mascara by Maybelline. Maybelline is known for a wide variety of mascaras, all providing a different look in each tube. My favorites are the classic Great Lash and bold Volume Express. Whether I'm looking for an everyday look or a dramatic eye, Maybelline has the perfect mascara for me.

Eye Brushes

Eco-Tools
These inexpensive brushes can be found at Sephora, Ulta or even Walgreens! I love eco tool brushes because them come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, and aren't too pricy! It's incredibly important to have a variety of brush sizes so you can change up your eye shadow looks for every occasion!


Those are just a few of my favorite eye makeup products! What are you favorites? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment