Sunday, January 27, 2013

Back Into the Swing of Things

New year, new me. Blah, blah, blah. Except this year I've really been working to embrace a new "me." It may seem cliche, and everyone may say it, but I want it to remain true this year. This year I'm setting goals and making them happen.
I noticed how PACKED the gym was last night and I laughed as I struggled to find an open machine. I wondered, in a month, how many of these people will still be here to fulfill their resolutions? I'm not going to be one of the people that drop out on their goals and dreams. It's time to make things happen!
I don't care that it's almost February, I can set goals anytime I want.

Goals for 2013:

1. Be Happy
As simple as it seems, I want to be happier. I want to smile more, laugh more and embrace life. It's time to enjoy everyone second I have with the amazing company I keep. Life is too short to keep grudges and down an unhappy face. I've learned that I need to make the most of my experience at college, with my family and with my friends. It's pointless to let the little things get in the way, so I'm not going to let them!


2. Be Healthy
Time to put down the doughnuts and get into shape! My goal is to go to the gym everyday and maintain a healthy diet. Hello fruits and veggies, goodbye cakes and cookies. (I'll miss you!) I'm hoping this summer I'll get my certification as a piyo (pilates/yoga) teacher, but until them it's time to hit the gym and get my bod back into tip-top shape.


3. Be Smart
I had an amazing first semester academically at my university and I want to continue that as much as possible. It's not even about keeping good grades, but I want to expand my knowledge and continue to discover who I am and where my future leads. I'm hoping to declare my major at the end of this year so I can explore my future and start to dive into my career head on. I also want to study abroad in the next few years to expand my knowledge not only academically but also culturally.



With that in mind I'm smiling big, eating right and making smart choices. What are you doing to improve yourself this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment